The taste and quality awards Athens Fine Food Awards (AFFA) 2023 ceremony has been successfully concluded.
At a special ceremony organized on Monday 20 March 2023 at the model academy “HotelBrain Academy”, the big winners and the list of products awarded with AFFA 2023 stars were announced.
For 2023, 25 products stood out for their quality, taste and innovation, while 92 products received one to three stars.
The evaluation was carried out by leading professionals in their field, as the jury included Michelin-awarded Greek chefs, chefs who serve Greek cuisine at a top level, professionals with experience in the use of Greek products, foragers and herb growers, specialized sommeliers, F&B Managers, creators of visual communication with important distinctions abroad and specialization in food, etc.
At this year’s event, the awards to the big winners were presented by:
1. Kostis Moschonas CEO of RM International (Platinum)
2. Ioannis Hatzitheodosiou, president of the Athens Chamber of Commerce (Dry Food)
3. Nikolas Haris, F&B Manager, member of the evaluation committee of AFFA (Frozen Food)
4. Giannis Karvelas, certified Pro Olive oil Expert, member of the evaluation committee of AFFA (Olive oil)
5. Dimitris Fragostefanakis, Director of HotelBrain Group (Spirits & Beverages)
6. Christos Rizos, Director of HotelBrain Academy (Innovation)
7. Stavriani Zervakakou, chef (Newcomer)
8. Magda Peistiki, Editor-in-Chief of Food Services magazine (Organic & Functional)
9. Dora Michael, Gastronomy journalist, editor of the FNL guide and culinary marketing consultant (Packaging)
The ceremony was followed by an event in which tastings were offered, curated by the tastemaker Mr. Haris Tzannis, president of the AFFA jury, consisting of the products awarded at the ceremony. The preparation of the tastes, the drinks and the hospitality of the guests were carried out with enviable professionalism by the students of the first deaf section of the HotelBrain Academy who are preparing to man the hotels of the Hotelbrain Group in a few weeks.
Detailed names of winners here.